Can stock Samsung email app only give notifications for specific folders of an Outlook account yet?

crmango

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android 4.4.2. I'm using the stock email app that came with the phone for my live.com (outlook) email account. I have at least a dozen folders set up with the email account so that most emails don't live in my inbox. I can go to the folders if and when I want to, but there is not a blizzard of emails cluttering up my inbox.

Everything has been working fine with my phone email app syncing up nicely with only the inbox and ignoring all those other folders, which is the way I like it. Recently though, I manually opened one of those folders from my phone to use a coupon code from a promotional email, which apparently has caused the stock email app to think I want a notification now every time I receive an email into this folder, and there are many. There are three things that tell me I have new mail: An audible tone, an icon in the notification area, and a little red circle with a number inside it denoting how many new emails there are superimposed onto the mail app icon. Emails to the inbox still trigger all three, emails to the other folder(s) trigger only the audible tone and the notification symbol.

I found other examples of this problem on these boards dating back 5 years, and it seems the only way to resolve this is to delete the account and then re-add it. I don't like this workaround for the simple fact that I would like to still be able to go into these folders from my phone occasionally- to retrieve an electronic receipt, or use a coupon, etc., so I would have to delete the account every time I did this.

Is anyone here familiar with this, and is this still the only way to reset things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty