Recently my Samsung S4 seriously overheated and i quickly put it on a cold pack for a few minutes to cool it quickly. When i picked it up again it was covered in condensation. I wiped it clean. Later i tried charging it but my phone wouldnt start. I figured it was a battery problem since it had been acting up for days before this incident. I relaced the battery and now whenever i plug in the charger, i hear a ping when it connects and i also see the ligthning bolt on my screen indicating its charging. But it wont charge! I have tried other chargers, but all with the same result. The battery depletes while its plugged in. Comes all the way down to 0% and my device shuts down.
    06-25-2015 02:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you plugging it into a wall outlet, or a computer USB port? Make sure it's a wall outlet, and let it charge up undisturbed for at least 4-6 hours. If the battery was pretty depleted to begin with, then trying immediately to power the phone on while still trying to charge the battery might not work.
    06-25-2015 03:18 PM
    Condensation and sitting the phone in a pan of very clean water are about the same thing, as fr as the phone is concerned - except that condensation gets into places water won't. So you had a phone with water shorts and you charged it - "electrocuting" it. There's probably no hope for this one, and unless you have insurance that covers water damage you'll have to buy a new phone. (That's cheaper than having all the damaged parts replaced.)

(Hot air holds more moisture than cold air - including the air inside the phone.When you cool that air rapidly, it causes the extra moisture to drop out - forming water all over the inside of the phone that there was air in. Even tiny passages that water won't get into because a tiny air bubble make them effectively waterproof get wet. Cooling a hot phone [or warming a cold one - it works in both directions] SLOWLY lets the condensation evaporate as it forms.)

Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you'll know what to do (and not do) the next time you get your phone wet.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2015 04:56 PM