Deleted pictures keep appearing after permanently deleting them

A

AC Question

How do I get rid of pictures I've already permanently deleted? It's getting really frustrating. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more specifics? Which device? How did you delete the pics? Where do you see them reappear?

If you have Google Photos Auto-Backup turned on, it's possible the photos was already backed up to your Google Photos cloud, and is still visible as a cloud photo, even after deleting the locally stored photo. Use the Google Photos app--do you see the photo only in the "All Photos" section, but not in the "Device Folders" section?

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with me, I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 3, running Android 5.0 (not root).
The photos are saved the External SD Card (not internal memory), the SD Card is a SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSD XC1.
I select the setting in the camera's setup to automatically save to Ext SD.

Problem 1: it's doing fine most of the time in saving the picture, but intermittently it lost half of the image. So I literally can't see half of the picture. It's just greyed.

Problem 2: when I delete some photos, it's successfully removed. I can't see it anymore in the Gallary. Then after awhile (i don't remember how long, just when next time I open Gallary, viola they reappered).

I don't have sync with Google Drive option, I have "upload to DropBox" enabled. As far as I know, it uploads to DropBox but never downloads or sync it.

any advise?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance