My cellphone which is 2-1/2 years old has developed a problem with the headphone jack. I use my earbuds in it from time to time as well as using it with a plug-in connection with a soundbar and with a FM transmitter in my vehicle quite frequently. Suddenly it has stopped playing sound in the right hand side of all 3 of those devices. If you take your finger and apply pressure to whatever you are trying to plug into the jack and push it to the left slightly you will get sound to come out of both speakers. To me it seems that the actual jack has gotten "wallered" out and is not making a complete connection with the male end of these items. With the exception of one pair of earbuds that I have...it does seems to make a complete connection with this one pair. Not sure if this one pair's male end is fatter or not?? I have tried cleaning the jack out in every possible way and believe me I have tried shoving all of these items into the jack as hard a possible but that is not the solution. Anyone know of a way to fix this other than wrapping a rubber band around the plug and pulling to one side. Someone suggested to me to put foil on the male end but I didn't want to try that without advice first. Like I said this phone is older, but in awesome working condition otherwise. It's a problem I can live with, but irritating nonetheless and thought I would see if anyone knew of a relatively easy band-aid for the issue. Thanks in advance!
    06-25-2015 09:59 PM
    Welcome to AC.

Look closely inside the socket to see where the contacts are, then lower a piece of string into the socket to its full depth, on the side opposite them. The plug should then be held against the contacts better when inserted, as long as you hold the end of the string to prevent it being pulled in as the plug is inserted. A touch of glue or tape could then be used to secure the free end of the string.
    Not a very nice fix, but it might work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-26-2015 04:20 AM