My counter is now at 4 as I fumbled the scan a few times. Now, even after un-registering my print and starting over the counter did not reset as I expected. There was a check box that I checked the first time I enabled the scanner that said when the count is 0 that the phone gets wiped. I don't want that to happen. How can I reset the counter and further to uncheck that wipe the phone option when it counts down to zero? Why doesn't the phone reset the counter once I properly scan to gain entry? After spending several days setting this new phone up I would hate to loose it all and be reset to all the default setting, minus all my stuff! Without the fingerprint scanner, anyone picking up my phone could gain access to my Amazon 1 click purchase button. That is a scary thought and was the prime reason I enabled the fingerprint scanner in the first place.
    06-25-2015 10:22 PM
    My counter is now at 4 as I fumbled the scan a few times. Now, even after un-registering my print and starting over the counter did not reset as I expected. There was a check box that I checked the first time I enabled the scanner that said when the count is 0 that the phone gets wiped. I don't want that to happen. How can I reset the counter and further to uncheck that wipe the phone option when it counts down to zero? Why doesn't the phone reset the counter once I properly scan to gain entry? After spending several days setting this new phone up I would hate to loose it all and be reset to all the default setting, minus all my stuff! Without the fingerprint scanner, anyone picking up my phone could gain access to my Amazon 1 click purchase button. That is a scary thought and was the prime reason I enabled the fingerprint scanner in the first place.
    Welcome to Android Central!

After you removed all your finger prints where you able to go in to the settings and disable the wipe?
    06-29-2015 08:22 AM