I've rooted my device, but SuperSU says it's not rooted?

A

AC Question

So just today I tried rooting my device. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and I followed all the steps for the rooting accurately, and ODIN said that my device was successfully rooted.. Before I started rooting it said my devices model number was GT - N7100. After rooting it changed to N7105t. I didn't think that was a problem and it may be totally unrelated to this problem, I don't know.
Anyway, after rooting I opened up root checker to see if it was properly rooted and it said no. I installed SuperSU and every time I open it, it comes up with an error message about a binary not being installed and upon pressing ok, quits to home.
Also, when I go into download mode, it says that the current binary is custom or whatever.
I'd really like to know what I've done wrong, if I've done it right and my phone's wrong, or whatever.
Since then I've tried using TowelRoot to root my phone as well, and it says my device is not supported.
I'm also running my phone on the 4.2.2 update.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So just today I tried rooting my device. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and I followed all the steps for the rooting accurately, and ODIN said that my device was successfully rooted.. Before I started rooting it said my devices model number was GT - N7100. After rooting it changed to N7105t. I didn't think that was a problem and it may be totally unrelated to this problem, I don't know.
Anyway, after rooting I opened up root checker to see if it was properly rooted and it said no. I installed SuperSU and every time I open it, it comes up with an error message about a binary not being installed and upon pressing ok, quits to home.
Also, when I go into download mode, it says that the current binary is custom or whatever.
I'd really like to know what I've done wrong, if I've done it right and my phone's wrong, or whatever.
Since then I've tried using TowelRoot to root my phone as well, and it says my device is not supported.
I'm also running my phone on the 4.2.2 update.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you use the correct CF Auto Root for your phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Towel Root roots 4.4.2 with a kernel date of June 2, 2014 or earlier.

2. It sounds ad if you used the rooting file for the 7105t, not the 7100. Rooting with the proper rooting file may work, or you may have to reflash the 7100 ROM, then root it with the right file. (SuperSU is just an app, it's not what gives you root.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc