Updating version of Samsung galaxy s4 GTI9500 4.2.2

A

AC Question

I'm having this phone for almost two years, Currently running version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, frankly don't have any known problems or bugs.. I think of upgrading to some of the Kitkat versions, as I know lollipop is still not stable.

My question are:
1. Currently my phone give me the opportunity to update through FOTA to 4.3, which I've heard is a total catastrophe.
If I do this and than upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat do I collects some bugs on the way from 4.3?

Is it possible to upgrade via FOTA from 4.2.2 directly to 4.4?
Where can I find the new bugs\problems that I will probably have after upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.4 KitKat, as I am more than fine with the current behavior of my current 4.2.2 version.

Same question as 3 but this time about new features that I will have.

Is it recommended to backup all phone content before firmware update? What is the chance that my phone will turn into a brick after a firmware
update or will loose information?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this phone for almost two years, Currently running version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, frankly don't have any known problems or bugs.. I think of upgrading to some of the Kitkat versions, as I know lollipop is still not stable.

My question are:
1. Currently my phone give me the opportunity to update through FOTA to 4.3, which I've heard is a total catastrophe.
If I do this and than upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat do I collects some bugs on the way from 4.3?

Is it possible to upgrade via FOTA from 4.2.2 directly to 4.4?
Where can I find the new bugs\problems that I will probably have after upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.4 KitKat, as I am more than fine with the current behavior of my current 4.2.2 version.

Same question as 3 but this time about new features that I will have.

Is it recommended to backup all phone content before firmware update? What is the chance that my phone will turn into a brick after a firmware
update or will loose information?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would personally just back up all my data and use Samsung Kies to update the phone to the latest firmware. Lollipop is actually working pretty good on a lot of phones as long as it is a fresh install and not an update. Samsung Kies can download a completely untouched fresh copy and install it. I would bypass doing the upgrade part and just have it install a fresh copy. The guide below can help you avoid doing and upgrade and make your phone do a fresh install. You will need to back up all your data doing it that way.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781