Two days ago I was with my cousin, who is 12, and he wanted to guess my pin. On my old phone you could guess infinite times and it'd just lock for 5 minutes and you could try again. I don't know if it is a feature of the Galaxy S6 or if my cousin did something but after a while he handed me the phone back and said "Your phone is turning off". I took it and saw it said "Erasing..." and immediately panicked.
    When I was able to start over, it was like a brand new phone everything was gone. I was able to restore everything from my old phone from Verizon's Cloud...but the cloud had been full I guess so it hadn't backed up anything from April 26th - two days ago (June 24)
    I mean it's not a huge deal I just lost a ton of selfies and some games that I can get again...but still.
    My grandpa seemed to believe it'd still all be on the phone hidden somewhere and that I could get it off by plugging it to my laptop but I think it's all gone forever or I just can't find it...
    Is there any way to get it all back, or no?
    06-26-2015 11:03 AM
    If it didn't back it up and you didn't have backups anywhere else it is most likely gone.
    06-26-2015 12:17 PM
    Files that are deleted aren't actually deleted, but you have to root the phone (you can't recover files from an unrooted phone) and you have to install a deleted file recovery app (like DiskDigger undelete (root) [and it's not free, it's $2.99 - the free version only recovers pictures).

Rooting and installing the app may overwrite some of the deleted files.

If the files were on the SD card, they're easier to recover - use PhotoRec (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). It's free and open source. (One of these days he may write a version for Android.)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-30-2015 06:21 PM