Htc one m8 still running at 4.4.2?

A

AC Question

So I have an htc one m8 that I bought in October of 2014. It is running at 4.4.2, and every time I check for an update it says there is no update available, although I know lollipop has been out for months. Btw my carrier is at&t. I went into the AT&T store and asked them about this and they just told me that the update will come over time. Since I got my phone, It has never updated. I tried that thing where you manually install the update using htc sync manager. That didn't work either.. Any help?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So I have an htc one m8 that I bought in October of 2014. It is running at 4.4.2, and every time I check for an update it says there is no update available, although I know lollipop has been out for months. Btw my carrier is at&t. I went into the AT&T store and asked them about this and they just told me that the update will come over time. Since I got my phone, It has never updated. I tried that thing where you manually install the update using htc sync manager. That didn't work either.. Any help?

Welcome to Android Central!

Try downloading the update from HTC's site and installing it. It might wipe your phone so make sure to back up everything just in case.

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For my money, I'd consider you lucky. My Note 3 is still on 4.4.2 - because I rooted it and removed the updater. I don't need the security fix in 4.4.4, and I wouldn't allow a Lollipop update near my phone - too many problems, nothing I need (and with the Amoled screen in the Samsung, too much white, which means bad battery life - I won't even run a Material Design app unless it has a dark UI mode). They've had 5 tries to get it right, and 5.1.1 still has bugs. I don't need a flea circus in a working phone - I'll just leave it alone and it'll keep working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance