So I've not used my M8 since upgrading to the M9 in April. I have decided to sell it so switched it on again last night and all was fine - so I performed a reset to wipe my data off before selling it to a family member.

Upon turning it back on, I have both these errors:
    - Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.
    - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

I cannot add a Google account to the phone or use any Google apps whatsoever.

I've tried clearing all cache on Google apps, disabling and re-enabling Google Play Services and also resetting preferences on all apps. I have no other apps than stock apps downloaded, as I have literally done nothing but boot the phone up. I've even tried to boot it as a back up of my current phone and still no luck!

I've done a further 2 system resets and a hard reset - and still nothing.

Anyone any further solutions? This is driving me insane. It was fully fine before a resetting all data..
    06-26-2015 02:05 PM
    It appears to be a problem of Google Play Services version on your device before and after reset. Have you also uninstalled any updates of it (by clicking Uninstall Updates above disable button)? Unless Google Play services works correctly and is enabled, you can't add any account.

One of these two may work -
    1. taking the latest updates of google play services(if some updates arrive)

2. uninstalling updates of Google play services

Idea is to have that version of Google Play Services which is compatible with the version of android you have on your device now.
    06-28-2015 05:59 AM
    So I've not used my M8 since upgrading to the M9 in April. I have decided to sell it so switched it on again last night and all was fine - so I performed a reset to wipe my data off before selling it to a family member.

Upon turning it back on, I have both these errors:
    - Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.
    - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

I cannot add a Google account to the phone or use any Google apps whatsoever.

I've tried clearing all cache on Google apps, disabling and re-enabling Google Play Services and also resetting preferences on all apps. I have no other apps than stock apps downloaded, as I have literally done nothing but boot the phone up. I've even tried to boot it as a back up of my current phone and still no luck!

I've done a further 2 system resets and a hard reset - and still nothing.

Anyone any further solutions? This is driving me insane. It was fully fine before a resetting all data..
    Welcome to Android Central!

You can probably just download the latest update from HTC's site and have the RUU install and wipe the phone for you.

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States
    06-30-2015 07:33 AM