OK my Samsung Galaxy S2 might have had a rough day - I have several batteries for my phone and as I am getting ready to go off the grid for a while, I was recharging them in series, all day. After the latest reboot after changing the battery, the phone starts to "prepare the SD card", it does so, but data cannot be accessed and all applications installed on the SD card show an error "application not installed". The SD card shows up normally, but no data can be accessed.

Simultaneously, the data connection doesn't connect to the Internet, it again shows the connection exists but when tethered to the laptop, the connection is said to be "limited" and the device itself only says after attempting to access a website that "You are offline - wifi and mobile data are unavailable. The page can be loaded once the device connects to a network."

I've tried to remove and reinsert the SD card to make sure it's really in, I've unmounted and remounted it in the device settings, I've wiped both the card and the pin card... I've obviously rebooted a few times, and I shut it down over night, in case it's just stressed out for hard work. So far no luck.

I have the setting "back up data to google servers" set on, so if I simply format the SD card, are my files from there backed up...? I just need someone to tell me "it's going to be fine..." (On a holiday - a lot of photos in there I don't want to lose.)
    06-27-2015 01:18 AM
    Try SD card in another device, computer etc.

Sent from my eSTAR CRYSTAL using Tapatalk
    06-27-2015 05:06 AM
    OK my Samsung Galaxy S2 might have had a rough day - I have several batteries for my phone and as I am getting ready to go off the grid for a while, I was recharging them in series, all day. After the latest reboot after changing the battery, the phone starts to "prepare the SD card", it does so, but data cannot be accessed and all applications installed on the SD card show an error "application not installed". The SD card shows up normally, but no data can be accessed.

Simultaneously, the data connection doesn't connect to the Internet, it again shows the connection exists but when tethered to the laptop, the connection is said to be "limited" and the device itself only says after attempting to access a website that "You are offline - wifi and mobile data are unavailable. The page can be loaded once the device connects to a network."

I've tried to remove and reinsert the SD card to make sure it's really in, I've unmounted and remounted it in the device settings, I've wiped both the card and the pin card... I've obviously rebooted a few times, and I shut it down over night, in case it's just stressed out for hard work. So far no luck.

I have the setting "back up data to google servers" set on, so if I simply format the SD card, are my files from there backed up...? I just need someone to tell me "it's going to be fine..." (On a holiday - a lot of photos in there I don't want to lose.)
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try wiping the cache partition to see if that fixes the issue.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11385
    07-01-2015 02:10 PM