My old HTC One V has no ROM, but it is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. Now, I have a ROM, but even when I flash it, no result. It boots into a bootloop that say "HTC <next line says:> This is a developmental build to be used only by HTC Developers......... blah blah blah." Here is something even more [Removed by Moderator]: whenever I plug it into ANY power source, it boots into recovery but this time it does not respond. When I plug it out, it stays at that same screen till the battery goes out.
    I could send it to HTC but I just want to know if I can do ANYTHING possible.

PS: I don't remember how to get into HBoot or Downloading Mode. So if you have any solution that refers to these Modes, please mention how to to get into them.
    Also, I was trying to change the Kernel, but gave the wrong command, and its been like this ever since.
    06-27-2015 07:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You might have to go as far as flashing an RUU (Basically reflashing the stock images). HBoot should be powering off, and pressing power and volume down to get into the bootloader.

Once there, you should be able to flash the ROM via at least an ADB command, or HTC has methods too: rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States
    06-27-2015 09:01 AM
    BTW, since it's the ROM that gets rooted, if the phone has no ROM it can't be rooted. (That's like saying that a car with no engine has fuel injection.) But, sa Golfdriver says, you're going to have to get a ROM into it somehow. HTC One V - XDA Forums is probably your best source after HTC itself.
    06-27-2015 11:55 PM