1. AC Question's Avatar
    Hi

    First of all, sorry for my bad english...

    I have the google nexus 5 since a year. it worked perfectly.
    A few days ago it rained very hard and my nexus 5 got some water splash.

    The screen is black (i believe it's turned off) when i charge it, the led is blinking red.
    I buied a new battery and changed it. The same effect. When i hold the turn on/off button nothing happens. also no short vibration that it starts to boot.

    Does anyone know this problem or know some solution tips?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-27-2015 09:07 AM
  2. VidJunky's Avatar
    How long ago did it get wet?

    It may still be wet inside and you may get lucky if you place it in a bag of uncooked rice right away and stop trying to turn it on. Turning on a wet device is the worst thing you can do. That is when things begin to short out and become damaged, more than the initial wetness. If it's been awhile since this happened, as I fear it has if you've had time to buy a new battery, the damage may already be done. You have a couple of options... You can take it into a service center or contact your insurance provider and hope you're covered for water damage, which I strongly recommend. Or you can attempt to solve this issue on your own if the device is not too damaged. This will seem counter intuitive but you can soak the device in IPA alcohol, rubbing alcohol from the drug store, for a few hours without the battery, and then shake it to remove as much liquid as possible, then place it in a bag of uncooked rice for at least 36 hours if not 48 hours in a warm, not hot place, and no direct sunlight. The IPA will absorb and displace any water that may remain, and it will help clean up any connections that may have water scale or other contaminants left over from the water, and then it will evaporate quickly and rather cleanly from the device. If at all possible though I would go the insurance route and just change out devices. Whatever you do though stop trying to turn it on until you're sure it's dry!
    06-27-2015 09:26 AM
  3. lyric11's Avatar
    Hi VidJunky

    One week ago it get wet. I placed it already in the rice and i'm absolutely sure it's dry.
    I believed only the battery got damaged from the water but maybe it is more...
    I think the device is too damaged to get it fixed by my self. I check my service center and hope it get fixed from them.

    Thanks for your help.
    06-27-2015 10:53 AM
  4. VidJunky's Avatar
    Have you ensured the terminals are clean and in good condition then. Maybe you could tell if it's a connection issue by plugging it in without the battery. If you get the same led blink without the battery it may indicate that it's just the contacts are dirty. That would be really lucky.

    Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC One M9
    06-27-2015 11:44 AM
  5. lyric11's Avatar
    Yes, the inside of the nexus looks clean and should be in good condition. I removed the battery and started to "charge" it. Same effect: the LED is still blinking red. But I can't boot it anyway...
    The contact from the battery looks very good as it should, cause it is a new battery.
    I believe a damage at something else than the battery.
    06-27-2015 12:19 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Can I use hangout and hangout dailers with Android v.2.3?
    By AC Question in forum Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2016, 08:55 PM
  2. How many Bluetooth pairing can a Tab 7 maintain?
    By Blkbny in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 12:34 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 11:59 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD