1. I connected my Samsung Galaxy III to my Windows PC to transfer audio files from the Voice Recorder app.
    2. Entered phone storage via PC
    3. Cut files from phone storage
    4. Pasted into PC folder
    5. (can't remember exactly what happened here) either hit undo or deleted the new folder in which the files resided while they were in the clipboard
    6. Files can no longer be located
    7. Checked recycle bin & searched hard drives
    8. How would you find these files?

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

D
    06-27-2015 03:57 PM
    I don't know how you cut, copied and pasted them.
    I can 'copyv or 'move' files with the mouse to my pc.
    Are they missing from the pc or phone folder / device or both.

You can access a Samsung clipboards last 10 or 20 clips by long pressing in the URL field of the Internet browser, or using the clipboard icon found on the stock Samsung keyboard.
    If you deleted the files off the folder with the pc they are probably not there.
    Let us know how it goes.
    06-27-2015 04:44 PM
    Hi Madd,

The files were not copied. In the PC, they were cut from the phone (which was connected via USB), and pasted into the PC. Then, between undoing and cutting again, the files disappeared and are missing from the PC and phone folder.

This was done on my PC clipboard, not Samsung phone.

The files were never deleted, but didn't save properly from the cut & paste transfer.

Any thoughts on data recovery from the phone or PC?

D
    06-28-2015 02:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I drag and drop photo files from the phones DCIM folder when opened in Windows Explorer, that is I open the list of files and select with Control (or Shift?) and click first to last, then right mouse click to Copy or Move.
    I take it that's what you mean.

Do you remember the audio file type. Did you search all files that end with that type on your pc. Did you 'paste' them to a new folder you created on the pc, or to the desktop screen. I don't know of a clipboard on a pc.

You could try a data recovery / finder pc program like Pandora, and use the built in Chkdsk to search/recover the device via usb.

[GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card

I am not very good at this, hopefully someone will help you further.
    06-28-2015 04:12 PM
    Since the files are on the PC, just deleted, you can use PhotoRec to recover any that weren't overwritten. You'll need a pretty large drive to save the recoveeed files to, though, because it'll recover all files of that type on the entire partition. Instructions are at PhotoRec Step By Step.

In the future, copy, paste, check - then, if the copy succeeded, delete the originals. (USB transfers can fail - and moving or cutting/pasting [same thing] can leave you with no files anywhere.)
    anon8380037 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2015 07:36 PM
    this did not help what so ever
    02-05-2017 03:49 PM