Water damage help.

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I didn't drop it in water but I was caught in rain while it was in my pocket and when I took it out, this had happened! I have a tempered glass protector on and I don't oboe whether it's inside the phone or between the tempered glass and the display! Can somebody please help?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 605443.jpg
    605443.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Let the screen dry out for 5 days, that's the safest advice. Also don't turn it on, remove the battery, back, sim and sd cards if it has those and let it dry.
Painful I know, but it seems recoverable and it was only in your wet pocket.

Screens take longer to clear than wet internals. See Reviveaphone. com.

Your choice, it may recover on its own, but if you have an expensive device I would play it safe.

See also : http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=477140

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Read the guide - soak the phone in alcohol to dry it out AND get rid of the acid (all rain is acidic these days) and impurities.

If the water only got between the protector and the screen, all that letting it dry out by itself will do is - possibly - leave a stain on the screen (that can be wiped off with alcohol when you remove the protector). But if any got inside the phone, its days are numbered. Acid etches the components and the impurities cause shorts.

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the warranty so I contacted the company. They advised me to use the rice method, and if failed they guaranteed that they'd give me a replacement! Thanks for the help but after 12 hours of ricing, the screen seems almost dried! Gonna let it be there for two days and see what happens. The phone didn't even turn of so I can assume that the internals didn't get damaged. Thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood