My new headset doesn't work with my Droid Ultra?

A

AC Question

I recently bought a gaming headset, Hyperx Cloud II. The mic of the headset is detachable so I detached the mic and decided to listen to music on my Samsung tablet and it worked perfectly; but when I connect the same headset to my Droid Ultra, I can't hear any music. All I get is a ticking sound. When the don't insert the headset all the way into the phone's headphone jack I can hear music but when I insert the headset all the way in until I hear a *click* from the headphone jack, the music stops playing. Also I connected my headset to the Droid Ultra with the mic attached to it and the music plays as normal. Obviously I don't want to be listening to music with the mic attached to it. I don't understand why it works with my tablet but not with my phone. Is this normal with a gaming headset? Is there a fix?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's normal because there's still no standardization on how headset jacks have to be wired. So a headphone designed to work with a Samsung may not work the same way with a Droid. About the only "fix" is to eave the mic plugged into the headset when you use t with the Droid (or make up a plug with a 2.2k resistor across it to plug in instead of the mic).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781