Why isn't my Galaxy recent apps button working properly?

A

AC Question

3 days ago I had a period where my recent apps button wouldnt work when I would press it. After that it went back to normal after I shut it off and left the phone off for a night. Then the recent apps button started pressing itself which is hindering me from doing anything with my phone. It hasnt stopped yet and I even wiped the damn phone and all and still nothing.

danimals100

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe I didnt notice that I didnt say which phone I have wow and its a Galaxy s6 and yes I did a factory reset and it wasn't able to fix the problem :'(. I do have a screen protector on. Please reply I really want to fix this instead of going to Verizon

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes a dirty screen protector can do odd things with the touchscreen or with capacitative buttons, so try removing the protector. It's possible that this is a hardware defect, which would require warranty repair by Samsung.

danimals100

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I took off the screen protector and it was still happening. Also, another thing is that I don't see the water damage indicator when I open up the sim tray. Does that mean my s6 faced water damage? It makes no sense since I haven't done anything like drop it in the pool or anything like that. The only thing is checking on it while it was raining briefly.

CandidAppleQueen

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
My recent apps won't work!!!!
It all happened when the phone was just detecting the recent apps even though I did not pressed it then after some minutes it stopped but when I try pressing the recent apps it won't detect!!!!!!
Please help me....it's already three days when it stopped working..😢😢

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
As indicated by B. Diddy's response, Some screen protectors can obstruct the sensitivity of the touch screen thus you may need to remove the screen protector and wash your hands.. Dry or cracked hands may not be recognized by the touch screen. Try using another finger is possible or switch to a stylist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca