What is the easiest way to transfer sms to computer? I have a nonfunctional screen.

A

AC Question

I have a non functional screen and I need to save my sms. How can I save them to my computer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, SMS aren't saved in a discrete file that you can easily copy. The best option is usually to use an app like SMS Backup & Restore, but that would require you to try to set it up on the phone, which will be challenging if the screen isn't functioning.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Shop method - plug a spare screen into the phone long enough to run SMS Backup and Restore. If there's a good repair shop near you, they may (for a small fee) do that for you. We used to do it in my shops. (We also saved backups for our customers if they wanted them to, long before cloud storage existed.)

In the future, keep anything you don't want to lose backed up to your computer as it happens, or at least once a week. (And backed up to a cloud account. The odds of all 3, your phone, your computer and the cloud server AND its backups, all going bad at the same time are so astronomical that if it happens you'll have bigger problems to worry about - probably like breathing vacuum.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670