I have an LG Lucid 2, and after some cleaning up, I managed to free about 1.24 GB for downloading apps. I got this number because I opened the application manager, and at the bottom it said "1.24 GB available."

I tried to download and install "Injustice: Gods Among Us"(1.04 GB large), so I started the download and left my phone for a few minutes. When I came back, I saw an "Insufficient Storage" error in my notifications, and found that the app was not, in fact, installed. This was strange, as the Application Manager said I had a few hundred MB more than would be needed. So I check Storage under Settings only to see that there was now less than 400 MB of available space on my device! When I looked at how much space each section was taking up, I saw that the space taken by misc. files had increased by about an entire gigabyte since before I started the download! For all I can tell, that space is taken up almost entire by System Files, which I of course cannot delete.

So now it would seem that by attempting to download this app, I've somehow managed to increase the space taken up by the System Files by nearly a GB, failed to actually get the app, and now have less than a third of the free space on the phone that I had beforehand. Is this sudden increase in size of misc. files normal? Did some screwup with the app download perhaps cause it? Does anyone have any idea why I've suddenly run out of space on my phone even though I don't actually have any new apps?
    06-30-2015 01:42 PM
    Open Misc and see what's taking up so much space. There may be an app you can clear data from.

Also look in your Download folder - the file you downloaded to install might be there. You need 1.04GB to download the file, then whatever space it needs to install - which may be more than 1.04GB (an apk file is actually a zip file with a different extension, so a 1.04GB file could have 2GB of files in it). If the file is in Download, copy it to your external SD card, then delete it, and you may have enough space to install it. (Just tap the file and the installer will run.)
    06-30-2015 05:31 PM
    (I made this account after asking this question).
    I looked around but couldn't find the .apk for it. I did find a .obb file for the app I tried to download, but no .apk file. The .obb file I found(which has the app's name in it, so I presume that's where it came from), is 1.01 GB large, and again, no .apk. So... could it be it started downloading the .obb, ran out of space, and couldn't finish downloading the .apk? Or is that not a thing that can actually happen?
    06-30-2015 06:24 PM