Sometimes the image on the SD card saves with a name similar to U0AB2~3. The "U" has a mark, leg, or tail on the left side of it (I cannot find that character/symbol). It's always U0 with a combination 3 letters or number, then ~, and a number as the name. Says it's a Jpg file; however, I can't view the file and everything either says it doesn't support this type of file or that the file is empty.

When I take the picture, I can see it on the Samsung immediately after it taken; although, when I try to view it later, it states the above. This is completely random too! I took a lot of pictures of my granddaughter's birth and about half of them do this.

Also, this is a Samsung 64 mb Class 10 micro sd card

Sure would like to be able to figure out how to save those pictures...
    06-30-2015 05:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! SD cards can be notoriously glitchy. Does this happen if you save photos to Internal Storage? Or if you use a different SD card?
    06-30-2015 07:38 PM
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to ya! It saves them just fine to the Samsung S3 camera folder and I don't have another card to try. Is there anyway to get/save these pictures? Or, should I just forget them and trash the SD card? I don't wanna keep the card if it can't be trusted to capture the picture -- unless there's someway to fix the card...

I forgot to mention that the properties for each file shows zero bytes; therefore, I don't think the picture is actually there anymore. I just don't understand how it could show you what it captured and it not actually exist. SMH.
    07-01-2015 06:35 AM
    It might just be showing you the thumbnail, which is separate from the actual photo.

If an SD card is going bad, you can't really fix it, and I wouldn't rely on it to save anything important. You could try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and putting it into your computer, then running chkdsk to look for bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
    07-01-2015 11:32 AM
    I'll try and thanks for responding to my ignorance, it's very much appreciated!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-01-2015 03:40 PM
    It's not ignorance at all. Just an opportunity to learn.
    07-01-2015 04:31 PM