When I pull up my Wifi it will say that I have it saved and secure. but when I try to connect, it will tell me authentication error occurred. My netflix on my blue ray player still works and my lap top is still connected. This just started happening yesterday with my phone, my husband's phone and my sister's ipad. Can some one tell me what I can do? Also try to dumb down the computer talk because I am HORRIBLE with electronics. Please and Thank you!
    06-30-2015 05:42 PM
    When I pull up my Wifi it will say that I have it saved and secure. but when I try to connect, it will tell me authentication error occurred. My netflix on my blue ray player still works and my lap top is still connected. This just started happening yesterday with my phone, my husband's phone and my sister's ipad. Can some one tell me what I can do? Also try to dumb down the computer talk because I am HORRIBLE with electronics. Please and Thank you!
    Welcome to the forums!

A couple of things could have happened. Since this just started happening with a few devices, you can try to "forget" the connection from the devices and add back.

That is probably not the cause, but it is a simple thing to try and also rebooting your modem.

The other thing is to log into you modem and make sure Access Control hasn't been turned on, which will only allow MAC addresses of certain devices to connect.

Since several devices are having this issue, it might be that you need to talk to your Internet provider if you have a modem/router from them, because each one is different.
    06-30-2015 05:49 PM