LG G3 "complete action using" "use as default app" box checked-in by default

A

AC Question

Copied the below from another user (because I could not say it better myself).

"When my phone is to process some kind of media file, it says "complete action using" and brings up a list of apps which claim to be able to process that type of media. There is also a "use as default app" checkbox, which is always checked.
Thus, should I ever forget to uncheck it, I must reset app preferences for all media types in order to have a choice again.
(I'm fairly new to android, so it will take a while before I've settled on an app for everything)

Is there a way to have the "use as default app" checkbox be unchecked by default? "

healthylaff

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Copied the below from another user (because I could not say it better myself).

"When my phone is to process some kind of media file, it says "complete action using" and brings up a list of apps which claim to be able to process that type of media. There is also a "use as default app" checkbox, which is always checked.
Thus, should I ever forget to uncheck it, I must reset app preferences for all media types in order to have a choice again.
(I'm fairly new to android, so it will take a while before I've settled on an app for everything)

Is there a way to have the "use as default app" checkbox be unchecked by default? "

BUMP... I have the same question!

TIA for your answer...

davidgro

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G3 and V20 "complete action using" "use as default app" box checked-in by default

Same issue on LG V20! It's infuriating. I'm rooted if that helps. Is there any way to make the make-default-app choice ("use as default app") itself always default to off? Whoever made it the way it is really was not thinking of the users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles