Copied the below from another user (because I could not say it better myself).

"When my phone is to process some kind of media file, it says "complete action using" and brings up a list of apps which claim to be able to process that type of media. There is also a "use as default app" checkbox, which is always checked.
    Thus, should I ever forget to uncheck it, I must reset app preferences for all media types in order to have a choice again.
    (I'm fairly new to android, so it will take a while before I've settled on an app for everything)

Is there a way to have the "use as default app" checkbox be unchecked by default? "
    06-30-2015 07:19 PM
    Copied the below from another user (because I could not say it better myself).

"When my phone is to process some kind of media file, it says "complete action using" and brings up a list of apps which claim to be able to process that type of media. There is also a "use as default app" checkbox, which is always checked.
    Thus, should I ever forget to uncheck it, I must reset app preferences for all media types in order to have a choice again.
    (I'm fairly new to android, so it will take a while before I've settled on an app for everything)

Is there a way to have the "use as default app" checkbox be unchecked by default? "
    BUMP... I have the same question!

TIA for your answer...
    11-15-2015 02:32 PM