Why is my Galaxy S 8.4 tab wifi does not pick 4G?

A

AC Question

Hey,
I recently bought (a month ago )my new GalaxyS tab WiFi version from best buy...I am depressed to know that it is not compatible to 4G WiFi...want to know if Samsung can offer some kind of upgrade to enjoy 4G.While other tablets like ipad mini etc has 4G in WiFi model.. This one being latest and equally priced high...why only 3G?Honestly, I feel being cheated and regret choosing this tab just for the sake of amoled display....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but any device that is advertised as wi-fi only is wi-fi only. Wi-fi only iPads also are wi-fi only, so the one you saw that was receiving a 4G signal was presumably 4G capable, not wi-fi only (and was also presumably purchased from a wireless carrier as part of a data plan).

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You would have to return the wifi only tab s 8.4 and buy a tab s 8.4 4GLTE model, if you are still in your return period . if not then you would have to sell it and buy the 4GLTE model

As said above, if you buy an ipad mini wifi only then you won't be able to get 4glte.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC