Sprint HTC One m9 vibration and notification problems

Marvin-13

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I have the m9 on Sprint and I just upgraded to the newest software update they pushed out this morning. It fixed a whole bunch of stuff, but it broke some others :(

First, every time I get a notification, whether for facebook messenger, text messages, whatsapp, email, even calendar notifications, on the lock screen it says "contents hidden"

I looked through the notification and security settings and I couldn't find anything to change this.

Second, my phone no longer vibrates when i receive messages and notifications. Even when using the volume buttons to toggle the volume, it doesn't vibrate when I go all the way down to the vibrating setting.

EDIT: I figured out that it wouldn't vibrate because I had the power saver on, but before the update it would still allow me to have it on power saver mode and still vibrate. With the new update, we can no longer change what the power saver mode changes, but is there a way to enable vibrate somewhere else like in the developer settings?

I tried rebooting but no luck. Then I tried rebooting to recovery mode to wipe the cache and stuff like that, but it gives the screen with the red triangle with the exclamation mark and it doesn't let me do anything until it reboots back to the normal mode like five minutes later.

Does anyone know of any way to fix these problems (besides performing a factory reset)?

Thank you for the help!

Skaiilotus

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I have the m9 on Sprint and I just upgraded to the newest software update they pushed out this morning. It fixed a whole bunch of stuff, but it broke some others :(

First, every time I get a notification, whether for facebook messenger, text messages, whatsapp, email, even calendar notifications, on the lock screen it says "contents hidden"

I looked through the notification and security settings and I couldn't find anything to change this.

Second, my phone no longer vibrates when i receive messages and notifications. Even when using the volume buttons to toggle the volume, it doesn't vibrate when I go all the way down to the vibrating setting.

EDIT: I figured out that it wouldn't vibrate because I had the power saver on, but before the update it would still allow me to have it on power saver mode and still vibrate. With the new update, we can no longer change what the power saver mode changes, but is there a way to enable vibrate somewhere else like in the developer settings?

I tried rebooting but no luck. Then I tried rebooting to recovery mode to wipe the cache and stuff like that, but it gives the screen with the red triangle with the exclamation mark and it doesn't let me do anything until it reboots back to the normal mode like five minutes later.

Does anyone know of any way to fix these problems (besides performing a factory reset)?

Thank you for the help!

First of all, you saved my life with the comment about the power saver fixing the vibrate! I always have it on power save and I thought it was broken, I read every where how to fix the vibrate with no luck until now. So thank you for sharing!!

I don't know how to fix the red triangle issue but I may be able to help with the contents hidden part.

In settings, go to Sounds & Notifications. Scroll down to "when device is locked"

If that is at to "hide sensitive information" it will say contents hidden. So set it to show all notification content.

Hope that helps.