So out of boredrom I was messing with my parent's lock screen the thier galaxy s6 edge messing with the thumbprint scanner It locked and required me to enter a backup pin #. I left the phone looking for something else to do. The next morning my mom freaks and finds about 5 or 6 games that installed on to her phone without her permission not only that, but her phone now runs a lot more slowly. Any possible ideas of what could've happened?
    07-03-2015 10:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Someone likely installed an app that carried adware (or possibly malware) that led to these other downloads. If you didn't do anything like this, then it's possible your mother unwittingly did this, and your tinkering was only coincidental.

Uninstall apps one by one until the behavior goes away. You ultimately might have to do a factory reset and start from a clean slate. If you do reset, then right after the Setup Wizard is done, go straight to Google Play Store and prevent any app from reinstalling automatically. Then start reinstalling apps slowly, one by one, watching for any unusual behavior.
    Ericbsk17 likes this.
    07-03-2015 01:04 PM
    Just created an account so I could respond back thier currently working on it after I showed them the reply. My parents assumed a teen who isn't even great at math hacked into my mom's phone for god knows why. Thnaks for the help! I was hoping I didn't screw up her phone somehow.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-03-2015 01:54 PM
    Having someone hack into your phone is pretty rare. It's much more likely that this is unwanted behavior caused by an app that someone willingly installed, but didn't realize would cause these side effects.
    07-03-2015 02:13 PM