I accidentally adjusted the contrast on the phone to the point I cant see anything. Tried resetting, soft reset the phone but to no avail. Can I still use my phone? Or is hard reset the only way to restore the device to a working phone. Need your reply asap...
    07-04-2015 09:12 AM
    I had that issue 3 times on a Samsung Note 3 on KitKat. I was able to 'remember' my way back to the Brightness slider (it was actually the auto check box that was knocked off.)
    You need someone with a similar device, try if you can see anything in a darkened room, or consult a manial or You Tube videos if they are available for start up guides.
    I assume that is your issue.
    What device do you have.
    (you would need to register a simple account to reply)
    07-04-2015 09:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I made a stupid mistake by adjusting contrast too dark and now I cant see anything on the phone. Tried to turn it back on it reboots and turns off again because of the dark screen. I tried navigating on the screen on the darkened room while pressing the power button and it shows that the screen is active in the background..if only I can see anything. Hubby thinks hard reset is the way to go..I dnt want to do it just yet unless this is a hopeless case. =(
    07-04-2015 09:43 AM
    Thanks for registering.
    Thats why I asked what model?
    Someone here can help you out
    On a Samsung with KitKat you pull down the notification shade and the Brightness slider should be about below.
    On my current Motorola on Lollipop I can pull down the shade fully with 2 fingers.

If you had a lock screen pin or password set, instead of swipe to unlock, that is going to make it more difficult.

Depending on the device also, and if it has swipe to unlock only, you can connect a pc via usb to make a sort of backup if you have to reset, and pull photos and videos from the devices DCIM folder viewed in Windows Explorer / My Computer.
    Samsung has pc software for this, Samsung Kies and the newer Samsung Smart Switch.

BTW- This shouldn't happen and people don't believe it can get too dark, but it does.
    I used to have Samsungs, maybe it's the Amoled screen.

Motorola :
    07-04-2015 10:04 AM