Does android make a phone that is international? I need phone that will work in all countries regardless of carrier. (I think the newer iphones have this capability).
    07-04-2015 05:46 PM
    No, not even iPhones do. Some carriers in some countries use bands that aren't supported by many phones. ("Android" is the name of a program that runs in "Android phones" - there's no "Android" manufacturer.) There are phones that are International or Universal, that will work in most countries. Look at the carriers in the countries you're interested in (see Cellular frequencies - Wikipedia to see what carriers there use which technology (CDMA or GSM) and what frequencies they use for voice, 3G and 4G, then match that with the phones you're interested in. Depending on the list of countries you need service in, you may find a phone that can handle them all.

Then the cheapest way, unless you're only going to be in a country a few days, is to buy a 30 day unlimited prepay in each country. If you're going to be hopping round, an international SIM card may be cheaper - they'll connect in many countries (google international sim for a large list), but you pay for calls and texts by the minute.
    07-04-2015 07:39 PM