u.s. cellular won't tell me how to use codes

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from U.S. Cellular. Model SCH-R950. U.S. Cellular gave me codes so I could use it with a different carrier but then won't tell me how to use them. I've called back but I can't get an answer on how to do it. U.S. Cellular does not have a store in my area so I can't take it in.

I need to find out how I am supposed to input the codes they gave me so I can use this phone with a different carrier.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is from their website:

"1X and 3G eligible devices may be unlocked at company owned or agent operated stores or by calling us at 888-944-9400. Because of the difficulty in unlocking some of our 4G devices you must bring these devices to a company owned store and we will either unlock the device for you or send it to a vendor who will perform the task and then have the device returned to the store. We hope to expand the capabilities of unlocking 4G devices to other distribution locations in the near future. You can call us at 888-944-9400 or your local U.S. Cellular store to determine the closest location to you that can handle your unlocking request. Your device may already be unlocked so be sure to check the unlocking status for your device listed above or by giving us a call. There is no charge for unlocking an individual device but U.S Cellular does reserve the right to charge non-customers a reasonable fee for any bulk requests for unlocking eligible devices."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781