With all the OEM installed Apps, 99% of which i never use... examples : Facebook, Twitter, Tune in Radio ( I like / use Pandora ) Google ( Talk Back, Hangouts, Maps, Google news Google books, Google this and Google that and Google Chrome ( I use Firefox ) I can not even update the APPS I use. A total of.... wait for it...... wait for... 6. Thats right... 6! I even bought a 16GB SD card to move all the junk to ..... but no... wait... Google wont LET ME move Anything off the phone.... my phone was 88% full when I got it. I even installed a TASK KILLER to stop these apps from running... all to no avail.. they just restart all by themselves. Anybody have any idea WHAT phone manufacturer has declared war on the bloatware? I have had it with Google and Android. I bought a smart phone so I can do what I need to do... 90% of the real estate on my phone is held hostage by google...is there a fix? or should i look into a Windows phone?
    07-06-2015 08:40 PM
    I even bought a 16GB SD card to move all the junk to ..... but no... wait... Google wont LET ME move Anything off the phone
    Because Android is designed to save data on the card, not run apps from it. A few apps can have some parts moved to the card, but it doesn't save much space.

I even installed a TASK KILLER to stop these apps from running
    1. Total waste of space and battery.

2. Android uses as much RAM (not storage, which is what you're complaining about) as it can. It's the opposite of Windows. Task killers just mess the operating system up. If an app is in RAM it's because Android wants it there. If the task killer kills it, Android will just load it again, making the task killer kill it again, making ... you get the idea. You waste battery, RAM, storage and you slow the phone down.

they just restart all by themselves.
    Because Android needs them running.

Anybody have any idea WHAT phone manufacturer has declared war on the bloatware? I have had it with Google and Android. I bought a smart phone so I can do what I need to do... 90% of the real estate on my phone is held hostage by google...is there a fix? or should i look into a Windows phone?
    Storage and RAM are two different things. You want as much free storage as you can have, but as little free RAM as possible - unused RAM is wasted RAM.

And we don't even know which phone you're talking about. If it has 4GB of storage to start with, you're not going to be able to use it - apps are much larger now then they were when the phone was designed. If the phone has 32GB of storage and it's full, something's wrong.
    07-06-2015 10:34 PM