HTC One S Not Turning On

A

AC Question

My battery was at 10% so I plugged in a power bank (which I used many times before) then the phone turned off and I couldn't turn it back on.

I charged the phone for 24 hours, the orange charging light was on the entire time and never turned green to show the battery was full. If I plug it into the computer, the orange light turns on but the phone doesn't show up in "My Computer."

I've tried holding the power button down for a few minutes, also holding power and volume up/down for a minute but nothing happened.

I've used the phone for 3 years, never had any major problems, never dropped it or got it wet. Is there anything I can do to get the phone running again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! At 3 years, the risk of hardware failure starts to go up. It may be that the battery suddenly died--batteries don't last forever. It's probably time for a new phone. If you had important data on the phone that you didn't back up or sync anywhere, then you may have to bring it to a repair shop for a battery replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles