DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL cant download anything from the internet i.e CHROME or and other browser

Arthur Hocking

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
On my new phone, my one plus one, i am unable to download any files from the internet, such as pictures or converted youtube music. Every time i try to download something wether it be a picture or converter a youtube vid the little arrow symbol pops up and just stops instantly and when i swipe down it says DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL.
i have tried different converting websites not change i have tried different internet browsers such as Dolphin and boat browser but they dont change anything
i have also tried uninstalling CHROME and then trying a different browser but this didnt work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it only happening on one site? I believe that converting YouTube videos into other files violates their terms of service, so something related to that might be preventing the download.

Kevin Woodberry

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
On my new phone, my one plus one, i am unable to download any files from the internet, such as pictures or converted youtube music. Every time i try to download something wether it be a picture or converter a youtube vid the little arrow symbol pops up and just stops instantly and when i swipe down it says DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL.
i have tried different converting websites not change i have tried different internet browsers such as Dolphin and boat browser but they dont change anything
i have also tried uninstalling CHROME and then trying a different browser but this didnt work

I'm having the same problem on my Asus PadFone S running Android Lollipop 5.0 I tried everything even a factory reset and I still have the problem with all browsers

Arthur Hocking

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
i have AVG installed and when it did a swipe it came back saying "unsecure privilege mode detected. Your device is running high privilege mode(i.e. it has been rooted). We recommend using only genuine firmware." does this mean anything ????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure what that means on an OPO, which runs CyanogenMod (instead of straight-up Android), so maybe AVG is assuming that the device is rooted and running a custom ROM.

penthraig

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Data, the Force Stop. Now try again.

I am experiencing the same. I already did clear cache/data then Force Stop but still the issue persist. I don't have any anti-virus installed on my galaxy s6 except for Knox. What could be the reason why I can't download files from the web?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The OP seemed to have this issue on only one website--is that the case for you, or are you unable to download files from any website?

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The OP seemed to have this issue on only one website--is that the case for you, or are you unable to download files from any website?

Hi! I'm having the same issue with downloading EVERYTHING except for apps from play store. The message I get is either download unsuccessful (if it's a file being downloaded from the internet), download failed (on apps such as WhatsApp) or media could not be saved (on hangouts or SMS)...I have had this issue since doing a system reset in July and I recently tried doing another system reset without rooting my phone today and the issue still persists. I'm on Android version 5.0.2 on a One Plus One using OxygenOS 1.0.0. Any thoughts?!?! I'm not very techy, so the more you can dumb this down the better ;P thank you!!!

willsp1983

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Either way the solution may be to do a factory reset, can u think of anything u have done before it stoped downloading, like changing download location or anything like that

Posted via the Android Central App