If you look on Walmart.com or In Store, you'll find that the Moto G 1st gen on Verizon and Boost Mobile are reasonably priced. Also the Moto E 2nd gen is also a good deal. The Verizon Moto E is running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop while the Boost Mobile Moto E 2nd gen is running 5.0.2 Lollipop. Both Moto G's on Verizon & Boost Mobile are both currently on KitKat 4.4.4. (Are scheduled to receive Lollipop 5.0.2 sometime in the future) I've had both of those and they run pretty smooth. (Using the Boost Mobile Moto G right now on Lollipop 5.0.2) But I like the Verizon version better. It always got updates before the Boost Mobile Moto G. It also accepts the updates to Motorola's Boot Animation, unlike the Boost Mobile one. So the Boost Mobile version has the stock Animation, while the Verizon version gets updated with every new Animation. The Verizon version is currently cheaper than the Boost Mobile model right now. And I've played around with the Verizon Moto E 2nd gen. I had my mom purchase it as a replacement to her smashed Moto E 1st gen on Straight Talk. She even got to stay on Straight Talk thanks to their BYOP Kit. I placed the Verizon Sim Card in and had it activated within minute's. Everything works except mms messages so far, and I can't edit the apn. But its OK, for $45+ taxes you get unlimited talk, text, and data with the first 5gb at high-speed. So overall I think those 4 phones on these 2 carriers are an amazing deal. I hope this helps someone. And if anyone has an information as to why I can't edit the apn to send mms messages would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon8380037 and belodion like this.
    07-07-2015 02:13 PM
    I've long had my eye on the Moto E 2015....small, good spec, and good price.
    It's drawn many favourable reviews.

I'm in the UK, so am not sure of what the US carriers do, but is it possible that yours has blocked you from using MMS?

07-07-2015 03:13 PM
    I've long had my eye on the Moto E 2015....small, good spec, and good price.
    It's drawn many favourable reviews.

I'm in the UK, so am not sure of what the US carriers do, but is it possible that yours has blocked you from using MMS?

That might be so. I've tried to access the apn and fully edit but I can not. I can only edit one apn setting and that is for 4G LTE to work. The rest of the apn settings are grayed out. And the mms setting has nothing in its space, its completely blank and grayed out. I've tried to delete the apn, but there is no delete option. And the phone is running on Straight Talk through Verizon's towers. So its basically still on the Verizon Network just through a subsidiary Network. The Android version is Lollipop 5.1.1
    07-07-2015 07:17 PM