I've had this phone for several months and had no problems up until now. I am not tech savvy in the slightest, so please keep that in mind.

I started having all kinds of error messages (saying that apps I wasn't even using at the time had stopped...Hangouts, Play Store, etc) the other night. Then I had issues with screen freezing. Then, two nights ago, I started having trouble getting the phone to actually start up when I turned it off and back on. And last night, it has been stuck with the LG start-up screen and won't go past that point. I tried to do a hard reset; no luck. It just won't work. I have taken the battery out and let it sit, I have let the battery completely drain...nothing is making this phone turn back on. When I connect it to the computer, my computer recognizes that it's there, but I don't know what else I can do.

Is this a lost cause, or is there something else I can do? This is my only phone and it's still under manufacturer warranty, but if I can fix it myself rather than be without a phone at all for a week (I have three small children at home), that would be awesome.
    07-08-2015 10:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Considering the symptoms leading up to this problem, I'd say that there's been a hardware failure somewhere on the motherboard, or the firmware got completely corrupted. Either way, your best bet is to contact LG for warranty service--don't try doing anything fancy that might void the warranty.
    07-08-2015 12:51 PM