Samsung galaxy s6

janel_lamar2012

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have had this phone for about a month and in the past week, I have not received notifications about missed calls and they all go straight to voicemail. Inside my house, my signal bars are 1 to 3 and outside, I get full signal. I have reset it before and it has been fine and is there any other suggestions I can try? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've been seeing a number of complaints about video/audio sync issues on the S6--I wonder if there was a problem with a recent update. Is this only with streaming videos, or does it also happen with locally stored videos being played by a video app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone for about a month and in the past week, I have not received notifications about missed calls and they all go straight to voicemail. Inside my house, my signal bars are 1 to 3 and outside, I get full signal. I have reset it before and it has been fine and is there any other suggestions I can try? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not sure what happened to this thread, but my previous response clearly wasn't intended for your question. I wonder if the posts got mixed up somehow.

Anyway, for your situation, let's start with the most basic question, since this happened to someone else recently--is the phone on Mute or Do Not Disturb?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, It is happening while streaming videos, Snap-chat, Facebook. It is not happening while viewing stored videos.

Not really sure what happened to this thread, since my response seemed to be specific for you, even though you're not the OP of this thread. Anyway, does this occur for you on both wi-fi and mobile data?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Developer Options, and see if there is an option for NuPlayer vs AwesomePlayer. Toggle it to whatever it's currently not set to, then try again.

Hannah Poole 1980

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings>Developer Options, and see if there is an option for NuPlayer vs AwesomePlayer. Toggle it to whatever it's currently not set to, then try again.

Can you explain what this means please? I've looked in settings and can't find developer options and I've no idea what toggle it means either!! I'm having issues watching videos I've recorded, they go into slow motion and the sound doesn't rematch up. My phone is really new (this months) so I haven't had a chance to play around with it and change any settings but I've always had Samsungs so I know this isn't right. Watching videos sent to me is fine and videos on you tube for example works fine. Anyone else had this issues and has fixed it?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Go to Settings>About Phone, and tap on Build Number seven times. This will activate the Developer Options. Tap the Back button once, then look in the main Settings menu for Developer Options. Tap it, and see if you can find an option to switch between NuPlayer and AwesomePlayer. If there is an option, then switch it from whatever it's on currently to the other setting (i.e., if it's set to NuPlayer, switch it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa).

(BTW, "toggle" means to switch something from its current setting to its other setting.)

If you're only having problems with the videos you take with the phone, though, I don't think this will help. You're taking the videos with the Camera app that came with the phone, right? In other words, you didn't install a different camera app and use that instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21