I'm still can't get google photos to work on my brand new samsung galagxy s6 and I'm pretty sure it has to do with my account:

Here are the problems I'm having:

1) when newly install the app and it asks me to login, I put in my gmail account (that is the same one I'm usnig on the phone and in the play store) I receive the message "This account already exist on this device" which is true, but I've never had this problem on any of my other phones.

2) If I skip the initial login and get into the app page I get the message "google cannot connect to server" when I'm online for sure and all other google apps are working .

Here's everything I've tried:

1) uninstalling, reinstalling
    2) Restating phone
    3) removing google account and adding it through photos app
    4) resyncing everything from google
    5) adding a different account then switching to mine. I could add a different account but not mine.
    6) updated google + first then google photos

PLEASE HELP!!! I REALLY NEED THIS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-08-2015 11:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you open the Photos app, swipe in from the left. Do you see your Google account listed at the top? Or does it not even let you get that far?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Photos is checked on.
    07-09-2015 12:32 AM
    I have the exact same issue here, with a brand new galaxy S6 Edge, I've tried the same steps as the user above. Don't know what else to do. Please help

When I go to Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], theres no Photos option for the account I'm trying to sync.
    07-09-2015 10:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Hmm. Just to be sure--you can access your Google Photos without problem on your computer browser, right?

This shouldn't be necessary, but try installing Google+ on the phone (if it isn't already). Google Photos was recently split off from Google+, but maybe this is some kind of glitch where it's still looking for the G+ app.
    Israelhdez likes this.
    07-09-2015 12:02 PM
    I am having the same problem on a rooted Galaxy S5. It started when I noticed my photos weren't backing up like usual. I uninstalled Photos, deleted my Google account, reinstalled the app, tried adding my account again, and doing the steps above in varying sequences ... with a multitude of reboots in between. No luck. If anyone else has an idea, I sure would like to try it!
    07-09-2015 07:17 PM
    Thank you, this solved my problem. I logged in to Google+ with the account in conflict, and after that, Photos worked just fine.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-10-2015 11:13 AM
    Great! But that's a bit puzzling as well, since they supposedly uncoupled Google Photos from Google+.
    07-10-2015 11:41 AM
    Looks like I'm back to good as well. I uninstalled Google+ (disabled, really ... since it won't let you uninstall the app), rebooted the phone, then enabled & updated Google+. After that, I reinstalled Google Photos. At that point, I was able to see and use my original account. I'm still waiting to see if it will back up my photos like it's supposed to, but it sure seems like it's going to work. Thank you for the suggestion to tinker around with Google+. I appreciate it!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-11-2015 11:54 AM