I am trying out a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and my problem is this. I can travel a quarter mile in either direction and have great reception for both calls and data but right in the middle at my home, and likely due to a small hill across the street that blocks direct line of sight to two of their towers, I have just 3G and 1X service at best. I can't help but think that if my antenna were as powerful as those on European phones that this would not be an issue. I have two Verizon towers within six miles of my home yet I cannot get signal. Thanks in advance...
    07-09-2015 08:08 AM
    I am trying out a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and my problem is this. I can travel a quarter mile in either direction and have great reception for both calls and data but right in the middle at my home, and likely due to a small hill across the street that blocks direct line of sight to two of their towers, I have just 3G and 1X service at best. I can't help but think that if my antenna were as powerful as those on European phones that this would not be an issue. I have two Verizon towers within six miles of my home yet I cannot get signal. Thanks in advance...
    You're best bet is to contact Verizon and see if they can provide you with a signal booster of some sort. Interference from the hillside is preventing you from getting a clear connection from your home. There's no way, that I'm aware of, to boost the signal of the antennas from the device. Most carriers offer a solution for home, but may charge you an additional fee per month. If that's the case, see what you can do to have them waive that fee.
    07-09-2015 09:52 AM