I have been trying to stream audio to my laptop with my Galaxy S5 using Bluetooth but it hasn't worked. I am unable to hear any sound from my phone when I connect to my computer, whether it's media or call sound. This is particularly aggravating, since my old outdated phone (Samsung Victory) was able to connect to my laptop and stream audio just fine. I know that my S5 does work in some ways since I can transfer files via Bluetooth, it appears that only audio streaming is broken.

I have browsed several forums looking for a solution and the problem that most people have don't apply to me. For example, some people didn't have the 'media' option enabled when they synced devices. Another suggestion was that Bluetooth was simply incompatible with my computer while my WiFi was enabled, however when I disabled WiFi on both my computer and phone, it still did not work. I have also tried many simple fixes, such as re downloading my Bluetooth drivers, using the registry editor to change certain settings (I can't post a link yet), doing a power on power off reboot on my laptop, and I've completely turned off my phone, took battery out, waited, put it back in, and turned it on, however none of these things worked.

Any ideas?
    FnordlikeCrane likes this.
    07-09-2015 12:54 PM
    I have been trying to stream audio to my laptop with my Galaxy S5 using Bluetooth but it hasn't worked. I am unable to hear any sound from my phone when I connect to my computer, whether it's media or call sound. This is particularly aggravating, since my old outdated phone (Samsung Victory) was able to connect to my laptop and stream audio just fine. I know that my S5 does work in some ways since I can transfer files via Bluetooth, it appears that only audio streaming is broken.

I have browsed several forums looking for a solution and the problem that most people have don't apply to me. For example, some people didn't have the 'media' option enabled when they synced devices. Another suggestion was that Bluetooth was simply incompatible with my computer while my WiFi was enabled, however when I disabled WiFi on both my computer and phone, it still did not work. I have also tried many simple fixes, such as re downloading my Bluetooth drivers, using the registry editor to change certain settings (I can't post a link yet), doing a power on power off reboot on my laptop, and I've completely turned off my phone, took battery out, waited, put it back in, and turned it on, however none of these things worked.

Any ideas?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Just a question, why are you trying to stream audio to you laptop? Can't you just put the audio files on the laptop and listen to them from there?
    07-13-2015 06:57 AM
    Sorry for the delayed response, I realized I posted this question before I logged in to my account.

Anyway, the reason I am trying to do this is because of a pretty silly situation, my WiFi providers give me a data limit that I wind up usually hitting because I have a large number of people using the connection. Anyway, I try reduce my use of WiFi so I can do things that I can't do on my phone; I maximize phone usage with things that aren't exclusive to my computer. In other words, I use YouTube, Pandora, and Sound Cloud on my phone since my mobile contract has a better deal with data.
    07-23-2015 06:03 PM