Where does Samsung S4 store playlists?

A

AC Question

I made the mistake of copying music to my SD card when my device became full--but now the S4 cannot locate any of my music. So I copied it back to device storage--now the music can be found but all of my playlists are not being found. I can see them on the freaking device with a .pla extension--but it doesn't show up in my playlists! When I create a NEW playlist, it shows up--but I cannot find it in any of the directories in "my files". Please help. It would take several weeks to recreate all these playlists. They mean a lot to me and I want them back!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of copying music to my SD card when my device became full--but now the S4 cannot locate any of my music. So I copied it back to device storage--now the music can be found but all of my playlists are not being found. I can see them on the freaking device with a .pla extension--but it doesn't show up in my playlists! When I create a NEW playlist, it shows up--but I cannot find it in any of the directories in "my files". Please help. It would take several weeks to recreate all these playlists. They mean a lot to me and I want them back!

Welcome to Android Central!

They could be stored in the system folder and you would need root access to view those files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781