Possible? Smartphone with data plan only

A

AC Question

Hi!

I use VOIP so I have no use of voice plans. Some free apps can also be used for free texting. Conclusion: I only need a data plan, about 1Go, maybe 2. Providers offer data plan only for tablets, it seems. But I read that it's possible to use a sim card on a smartphone (like samsung galaxy s4-5-6) to use this data plan only. It's smart, but now I need to know if it's really possible or not before to spend anything. Since it's a kind of disadvantage for providers, I prefer to ask it there than to ask them. Someone surely tried it. Or at least know if it's technically possible. Thanks in advance.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I use VOIP so I have no use of voice plans. Some free apps can also be used for free texting. Conclusion: I only need a data plan, about 1Go, maybe 2. Providers offer data plan only for tablets, it seems. But I read that it's possible to use a sim card on a smartphone (like samsung galaxy s4-5-6) to use this data plan only. It's smart, but now I need to know if it's really possible or not before to spend anything. Since it's a kind of disadvantage for providers, I prefer to ask it there than to ask them. Someone surely tried it. Or at least know if it's technically possible. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Android Central!

Where are you located? I know that Straight Talk has a plan that comes with 100 minutes and 5GB of data for $35. Most of the people I know that are on it use Google Voice to make phone calls and not the one assigned to the phone. That seems to be the best option out there that I know of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12