Droid Turbo and a wired selfie stick. It seems it does not work when i click the button

A

AC Question

I have an Droid Turbo and a wired selfie stick. It seems it does not work when i click the button. How do i fix this? Is it even compatible? Plugs into the sound port.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Camera app, tap the settings, and make sure the Volume button is set as the shutter release. If it still doesn't work, then it might be a compatibility issue with the plug.

Roblot

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased a selfie stick I had a wired connection to the headphone jack. It did not work at all! I became very frustrated and determined to figure out how to get it to work. After several attempts of downloading new camera apps and reconfiguring each of them I still had difficulty and could not get the selfie stick to work when I press the button. I happened to notice that the headphone jack image at the top of the screen did not have a microphone attachment. I figured that was one of the main problems, and the selfie stick wasn't communicating properly with the phone. I pressed the button on the selfie stick, and kept it pressed in while I connected the wire to the phone. It worked like a charm! I was even able to use the default camera app that came with my phone! I hope this helps you too.

Janet Anderson1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Maybe that is the first problem I'm having... I connect it...via head phone jack... And I have no icon even showing I've hooked anything up in my phone... I know the stick works.. It just might not on this phone.. Do you know what products do work with the turbo

Posted via the Android Central App

DJ Geeky Guy

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought a wired selfie stick for my droid turbo and it doesn't work... Yes, the volume key is set to shutter. I tried over 20 camera apps from the Google play store and none of them work... It works with my friends iPhone though.