I have been getting the same ads on any browser I download on my Moto X (1st GEN). It says "totaladperfrmance.com" and then redirects to some random page telling me to download something or the other. All this in the same tab. I tried some adware programs and the adblock browser but the ads dont go.They even appear on any website based apps like when I open a link on Facebook using the in app browser. How do I make them go?
    07-11-2015 10:59 AM
    I am facing same issue on all my android devices. across different platforms. like kitkat and lollipop too.
    Tried changing DNS and scanned with 3 different antiviruses.
    Tried different browsers.
    CM browser
    Chrome
    Firefox however nothing helps.
    These ads are bull**** and restrain from using android as browsing platform.
    Google needs to fix it.
    07-13-2015 09:09 AM
    Hey

I have been facing the same issue on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, since this past Friday, the 10th of July 2015.

Initially the problem wasn't so bad, however, by the next day, i.e., Saturday, it started hijacking almost all the websites and then even affected stand alone news apps.

I tried everything at my level, I did a factory reset on the phone TWICE. Then I sent an email to Sony and they replied asking me to use the repair and update feature in their Sony PC Companion software. I even did that, followed each step to the letter and yet the malware is still there.

I have finally given it to the Sony service center in my City, and hopefully they will be able to resolve it. If their service center technician is simply going to follow the PC Companion route, then there is no solution available i'm afraid and I'm stuck with an expensive, malware infested, one month old android phone.

I think I will finally switch to an Iphone after this experience. I had been an ardent Android fan, however, with it being susceptible to such malware, I don't want to risk having my private data being so evidently vulnerable.
    07-15-2015 01:22 AM
    Hi
    are you finding this problem only with using wifi or normal gsm network too??
    I have the smae problem whenever i am using the mobile with the wifi at my brothers place. But if i use the mobile network then it does not redirect me to the website. I dont think your mobile is infected, it is just network based problem that is quite recent. Lets see how things work out
    07-15-2015 01:06 PM
    The current fix is to disable Java Script on browsers. No other fixes yet.
    08-11-2015 01:02 PM