I can't lock my phone or shut it off now. Any feedback is appreciated on what to do when the power button stops working and the google and camera apps open on their own. Took me 3-4 minutes to type this because i keep getting interrupted by my own phone opening apps

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-11-2015 11:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which will test whether a third-party app may be causing trouble.
    If no go, get back to us for more suggestions.

07-11-2015 01:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which will test whether a third-party app may be causing trouble.
    If no go, get back to us for more suggestions.

I had alot of trouble trying to get into safe mode with my power button not working when i want it to but that seems to be the problem. Is there any way to find out exactly which app is causing the problem? I made the mistake of turning safe mode off so I'll need to turn it back on when i am able

07-11-2015 03:40 PM
    If it is indeed a third-party app causing trouble, the only way to find out which one is by eliminating them one at a time, alas.

If you are using an SD card, it may also be worth unmounting and removing it....a bad card can cause trouble, though I'm not sure it could cause what you're experiencing.

Also, if you can manage to get the phone into Recovery, a Cache Partition wipe may help.

The reason I mention those other things is that I find it a little hard to believe that a rogue app could be causing that kind of trouble....but perhaps it is so.

Let us know how you get on.

07-11-2015 04:58 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem? I have the exact same problem plus my home button isn't working. It only started playing up today, I'm using my Tab because the Google and camera app opening are making it unusable.
    TIA
    10-04-2015 06:21 AM