Why is my LG4 heading up and the screen dimming?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

The dimming of the screen is a safety feature to reduce the excessive heat produced by an overworked processor. Have you been using the phone for processor-intensive purposes?

Posted via the Android Central App

K L3

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
How the heck do I turn that "safety feature" off?! I have S6 Edge, Note 4, iPhone 6 Plus, Sony Z3V, and I use the snot out of them graphically and they don't dim themselves when the auto adjust is turned off. I also turned off the screen "adjust screen brightness" adjustment under "gaming". None of the other flag ships perform this way and some of them have Octa cores that conceivably run hotter. If I can't get this to stop, then the phone is not for me. Not to mention the screen goes off immediately when making a phone call and does not come back on when you lower the phone from your ear. I have to push the power button to get the screen to come back on and then it goes right back off. All my other flag ship phones work properly with the screen turning off when put to the ear and back on when removed. If these issues can't be fixed, the dang phone is taking a trip to some other suckers home!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle