My Zagg Cover fit no longer works on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, after Lollipop 5.0.2 update

A

AC Question

My tablet gave me the heads up that it wanted to update, and I've never had issues before, so I let it. Shortly after I realized when I was trying to type a document that I cannot type anything at all!
I have cycled through Bluetooth, it sees the Zagg Cover Fit Keyboard, connects to it, acts happy about it, and when I go to type anything the lower half of the screen (that would normally turn into a keyboard without the external) goes dark, but NOTHING HAPPENS. It's incredibly frustrating, but I'm sure anyone understands that.

My Zagg has great battery, it does not seem to be failing.
Bluetooth recognizes it, they pair/connect.
This happened right after the Lollipop 5.0.2 update.

I have emailed Samsung and Zagg as well, but I cannot find a number or email for Android support ANYWHERE. Which is also quite frustrating, because I am pretty sure the fault lies with them. I have always been happy with Android, but this is crippling this device for me, which is unacceptable.
I would be happy to uninstall the update and live in the past, where things worked fine, but that seems not to be possible either (which is stupid, you guys.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My tablet gave me the heads up that it wanted to update, and I've never had issues before, so I let it. Shortly after I realized when I was trying to type a document that I cannot type anything at all!
I have cycled through Bluetooth, it sees the Zagg Cover Fit Keyboard, connects to it, acts happy about it, and when I go to type anything the lower half of the screen (that would normally turn into a keyboard without the external) goes dark, but NOTHING HAPPENS. It's incredibly frustrating, but I'm sure anyone understands that.

My Zagg has great battery, it does not seem to be failing.
Bluetooth recognizes it, they pair/connect.
This happened right after the Lollipop 5.0.2 update.

I have emailed Samsung and Zagg as well, but I cannot find a number or email for Android support ANYWHERE. Which is also quite frustrating, because I am pretty sure the fault lies with them. I have always been happy with Android, but this is crippling this device for me, which is unacceptable.
I would be happy to uninstall the update and live in the past, where things worked fine, but that seems not to be possible either (which is stupid, you guys.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Go into recovery and clear cache: power off the device then hold home button+volume down+power until the recovery loads. Use volume down to select clear (wipe) cache and power to accept. Reboot and try repairing the device.

Let us know if that works.

tinywonder

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello, it's me again with the same problem that has not resolved after clearing the cache.

The keyboard and Bluetooth still act as though they are paired, but when I try typing: nothing.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I saw on another forum that someone has looked at the new lollipop code for the Note Pro and discovered that Samsung left out the code line needed to ensure third party blue-tooth devices worked. This appears to definitely be a Samsung coding boo-boo of their Note Pro implementation for Lollipop, according to that poster.
Sorry, but have read so many forums on this issue and cannot remember the forum that had this little nugget of information. It appears the problem affects not only Logitech blue-tooth keyboards/mice but most other brands as well (except of course, Samsung's own brand!!)

SAXNE1

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Folks,
Time to get real people!
I just got off the phone with Samsung. I also spoke with AirTurn who posted on their website and got us all excited that this would be fixed today.
Guess what...
Surprise Surprise these folks are wrong (again)
The folks at Samsung just told me they are working on the patch but the is no timeline to release.
The folks at AirTurn had no idea until I got off the phone with them that it had not been released.
I am expecting my device to be received tomorrow from Samsung. I convinced them this was a manufactures defect and they could: 1) Give me my money back, 2) Exchange it for a new one in the box (still running 4.x), or 3) take this back and re-image it. They chose option 3 and I sent it on Tuesday last week and have a tracking number from UPS that is promising delivery tomorrow (one week - not bad).
I will let ya folks know if they actually did what they promised but at this point this might be the way to go.
The more folks that do this, and the cost that Samsung has to pay increases, may get this patch applied faster (then again we want the patch applied correctly as well :).
As long as I am ranting, I will not recommend an AirTurn foot pedal (that is the device I need to get working) to anyone else as well. They knew this problem existed and did not push a notification to the folks registered on warranty or to their general distribution list. Instead they took a passive approach and let us know this was the problem when we went to their webpage (both unacceptable approaches) when it was too late!!!!! Also they are the ones that announced that Samsung was going to apply a patch and had no idea it was not being applied until I called them. (Not sure PageFlip (PageFlip Automatic Page Turner) is any better but it can not be worse).
In the meantime I am interested if/when the patch is applied and if it works with the AirTurn so if anyone tries it please post the results.
And call Samsung and demand a replacement:
Contact Samsung Support
1-800-726-7864
1-800-726-7864

Thanks and good luck!!!!!

PS
I have had a Samsung Keyboard since I got my device at the beginning of this year and I really like it. It has help up well. (This being the only Bluetooth Keyboard I have nothing to compare it to). It also makes a nice case.
As long as I am getting positive check out the MOSHI screen protector for the 12.2. It is anti glare and truly can be removed and mounted as many times as you like!

Posted via the Android Central App