Why won't my S4 Mini turn on?

A

AC Question

Some backstory: My phone started acting funny after being near a hot tub, I suspected it got water damage. I followed Rukbat's guide here to treat water damage.

Last night, when I'd pressed the power button, it got stuck in bootloop. It got to the sprint screen and then shut off and rebooted. I let it charge for a bit, and now it only emits an angry sounding vibrate when I press the power button. No startup screen, nothing. Any help or advice would be well appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Some backstory: My phone started acting funny after being near a hot tub, I suspected it got water damage. I followed Rukbat's guide here to treat water damage.

Last night, when I'd pressed the power button, it got stuck in bootloop. It got to the sprint screen and then shut off and rebooted. I let it charge for a bit, and now it only emits an angry sounding vibrate when I press the power button. No startup screen, nothing. Any help or advice would be well appreciated.
It definitely sounds like water damage, which likely can't be repaired and you'll need to get it replaced. You can try a battery replacement, since that is the cheapest and easiest part to replace...if that doesn't work then you'll need a new device.