I have a HTC One Mini 2, awhile ago I was charging my phone and while I was on it, it said it was charging but the percentage stayed the same throughout, after awhile it started to decrease (even thought it still said it was charging) it then showed a message saying to turn of any apps im not using or turn off my phone as it was using too much power (I was only on facebook, nothing else) a few minutes later my phone died, its been about a half an hour now and my phone still has not turned back on, the LED light is flashing which means it charging but the actual phone itself wont turn on as it has no battery? I only have the phone 8 months and I only got a new charger about 2 months ago so I don't understand how I can fix this? thanks in advance
    07-13-2015 04:46 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like the battery was drained completely. I would let it charge for another hour, then try to turn it on.

From my G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    07-13-2015 05:00 PM
    I have the exact same problem and I even charged my phone overnight. So it should be at least at 90-100% but it is not. It has not even got enough power to turn it on. It is not even showing me 1% so that i could turn it on.

Please give me advice
    Thanks
    09-01-2015 02:38 AM
    Lithium batteries are fairly delicate and have finite lives (ie, charging cycle count). I've had them last a year and I've had them last longer (my LG Dare battery, for example, just kicked the bucket after 7.5 years). BUT that isn't the only thing that can cause battery issues. Heat. Lithium batteries HATE heat. Water. Nothing in a cell phone likes water. If you leave the phone on the charger too long, it can be damaged. If you discharge the battery too far down, it can be damaged (which is why most intelligent OS's usually start closing things and finally shut you down). The "new charger" thing has me worried too. Turning AC lines into DC to charge a battery is a dance for two. If HTC put part of the AC filtering in their charger and you replaced the HTC charger with something else, it is unlikely but possible that the battery could have gotten damaged. My rules of thumb: use only charging sources the manufacturer specifically approves; and when it reports it's fully charged, take it off the charger. IMHO, if you are running it down every day (ie, having to recharge it every day), a year and a half would be a reasonable life, two years great, three and more just gravy.
    09-02-2015 03:43 PM
    I have the same issue. The battery reduced when charging. But this only happen is I 'On' the HP. I have tested that it could charged as normal if I 'Off' the HP.

What caused this? What should I do?
    03-10-2016 09:23 AM