I can't get rid of 'Apps Trending ' in a little circle at the bottom of the Scrabble screen. It keeps me from playing Scrabble.
    Keith Esau likes this.
    07-13-2015 04:55 PM
    Welcome to the forums. It might be just an ad. Does clicking the back button clear it?

From my G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    07-13-2015 04:57 PM
    Having the same problem. No way to clear it and cannot play the game.
    07-14-2015 07:45 PM
    I've been getting it off and on the last couple of days and it's horrible. It makes the game unplayable. If someone figures how to get rid of it or get past it I will be glad to know how.
    07-14-2015 07:55 PM
    This app I believe is from certain users that are malicious and they infect you with it so they win more games
    07-15-2015 07:59 PM
    So who gets revenue from interstitial ads in scrabble game play? I'm proposing we organize and simply stop all online scrabble play for a 1 month period. I mean deleting our accounts to show we are serious. This app is very poorly managed
    07-15-2015 10:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem. It disables shuffle, options, stats, teacher, and you can't place half of your tiles.
    07-15-2015 11:29 PM
    I took turned my phone off and took out the battery. When I booted it back up, I could shuffle again, view my teacher's advice, and use recall; however, the Apps Trending was still lurking at the bottom of the Scrabble screen. To fix this, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Scrabble game. Now it's working fine, but all of my existing games disappeared. It probably looks like I through in the towel or something!
    Anyway, I left Scrabble a poor rating and asked them to Fix the problem of "Apps Trending," since it's only on their game, I'm guessing it's one of many ads they've approved, but didn't fully screen.
    07-15-2015 11:32 PM
    The back button only works if the "Apps Trending" ad cycles out. Once it displays though, the buttons are fairly useless and quitting and restarting seems to be the only sure solution.

I can't believe you allow that ad anyway since it does not conform to the size restrictions.
    07-16-2015 03:21 PM
    I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. It just keeps coming back. This is the worst scrabble break yet. Another place to post about this is EA Scrabble Forums. Keep speaking out folks!

P.S I've also had it where one chat conversation with one person pops up in chat with a different person. SO unacceptable!
    07-16-2015 11:16 PM
    I've emailed EA twice, received automated "check our help desk." Went to their website and requested a call from a gaming assistant, which was suppose to happen nine minutes later. <crickets> I finally called Google Play services. They said they had no control over it because it was an in-game thing and EA would be responsible for that. However, they are sending me a form to fill out that will go to the devs of Scrabble. Tons of people on the Google Play Scrabble site have rated it one star because of the Apps Trending thing. I don't know if they aren't responding because they are scrambling to fix it, but I suspect it's more likely that because it's a free game they just don't care. If I find out more, I'll post here.
    07-16-2015 11:30 PM
    FYI, I've been that route with the phone call that is supposed to come in 9 minutes (seems to be the standard number) and they will call back. let it ring once, so they can say they did, but hang up before you can answer.
    07-16-2015 11:42 PM
    Well, surprise, surprise, I actually did get a call back from them. Wasn't within the 9 minutes they said it would be, it was an hour and a half later (maybe they forgot the 0 and meant 90 not 9 minutes...yeah, that's it... ) Although I couldn't find anywhere online that showed any kind of response from EA about this problem, they told me they have received a number of complaints about it (and mentioned the forums) and are working on a patch to remove the Apps Trending ad from the ad rotation. So, maybe they do read these things - I also posted on the EA Scrabble forum. We'll keep our collective fingers crossed and hope we can uninhibitedly play Scrabble again soon.
    07-17-2015 12:34 AM
    I wish when these things happen they would just post i the forums themselves that they are aware and working on it instead of making us feel ignored.
    lyfarmo likes this.
    07-17-2015 09:01 AM
    Exactly! A smidge of communication can go a long way.
    07-17-2015 11:43 AM
    yep, I'm infected too. Got the ad-push detectors, updated antivirus protection, uninstalled, reinstalled, and it's still there. Hope they can get a handle on it, it's screwing up the game...
    07-17-2015 03:16 PM