If i do factory reset and then set up an encryption for my phone and then reset my phone for the second time would it be possible to recover my pictures using a software programme ?
    07-14-2015 05:28 PM
    Greetings and Welcome to Android Central!

Are you looking to delete your photos, or are you looking to recover your photos? If the later then here's a detailed thread that may prove to be useful for your situation:

[Guide] Recovering Deleted Files

Hope you find what you're seeking to secure and enjoy.
    sehermo likes this.
    07-14-2015 05:33 PM
    delete my photos ????...... i heard even after factory reset you can recover ur photos and im selling my phone to someone so how do i ensure they wont be able to recover my deleted photos
    07-14-2015 05:40 PM
    From what I understand (albeit limited in the Android world) 'when a file/photo is deleted the OS simply deletes the corresponding pointers in the file table and marks the space that is occupied by the file as free.' There maybe software/apps out there that could possibly do so kinda sorta like shredding files.

Here's an interesting article: Think you deleted your dirty little secrets? Before you sell your Android smartphone... | Computerworld

Anyways, I don't save photos onto the Device Storage itself but onto the SD Card. And even if photos are somehow stored in the device itself, the photos themselves are not compromising/risqué type photos and no selfies!
    sehermo likes this.
    07-14-2015 05:57 PM
    i read the article.... i have already done factory reset on my phone i have heard if you set up an encryption on ur android and then do factory restore its impossible to recover the pictures...however i have already done "factory restore" before creating an encryption.... so my question is if i set up an encryption now and then do factory restore for the second time would it still be possible to recover my pictures ?
    07-14-2015 07:30 PM