How do i uninstall an app called File Manager?

A

AC Question

so the other day i accidentally downloaded some apk called "file manager" and gave it its permissions, a little after that i started noticing that random video ads and pop up ads would fill up my whole screen, i have tried literally everything to get what is apparently a trojan virus off my phone and i want to avoid factory resetting my phone. i have avg but it didnt find it, i tried malwarebytes and it found this file manager and told me it was a trojan, so when i go to the device administrator setting and see that something called android settings is checked, i try to uncheck it and most of the time, it doesnt work but when it does, it flashes a screen for a very brief second and i see deactivate, i try to hit it in time but i miss it, i have also tried hidden device admin detector and it doesnt find anything, PLEASE HELP

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Safe mode will temporarily disable any app that you downloaded in your phone, only the apps that came out of the box will be enabled. Once running on safe mode try to uncheck that problematic app from the device administrators list and uninstall it. Rebooting your phone will stop the safe mode and things will work as usual.